CORONAVIRUS Current situation
Please visit COVID19.govt.nz for uptodate information on Government Announcements and restrictions during Alert 4 -Lockdown phase.
These are unprecedented times and Avalon Medical is trying to comply with maintaining essentials services for patients with essential need.
We are already implemented the following measures:
- Entry to Avalon Medical is by appointment only
- No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Patients who agree to a call back with be phoned by a nurse or doctor
- Repeat prescriptions, ACC18 extensions and other documents will be provided via a phone consult.
- Normal charges will apply.
All non essential referrals, general health checks will be deferred until the Lockdown phase is removed.
Essential services include:
- Flu vaccinations and Childhood vaccinations - first priority is given to high needs patients
- Injury and wound management
- IV Cellulitis Protocol
- Chest pains
- Injections (Depo, B12 and others)
COVID-19 assessments will not be conducted at Avalon Medical
For patients who feel they fit the criteria for testing are advised to present at the nearest Community Based Assessment Centre at Claudelands Event Centre.
Please bear with us during these unusual times.
We will get through them.
Please take care of yourself and take your health and wellbeing seriously for the sake of all your loved ones. Please avoid unnecessary contact if possible.
We will respond to phone, emails, and ManageMyHealth messages.
For COVID-19 health advice and information, contact the Healthline team (for free) on 0800 358 5453
Please be assured - Avalon Medical will remain open throughout the Lockdown period
- Staff are on site to assist you
- Our call centre is open for calls
- You must ring for an appointment first
- You will not be allowed to walk in
Face to face appointments are permitted only after a phone triage.
What are you looking for?